‹ Back to results
Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time:25 minutes
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 250g button mushrooms, chopped
- 3-4 cups boiling salt reduced vegetable stock
- 400g chicken strips, trimmed of all visible fat
- 60g baby spinach
- 80g PHILADELPHIA Light Spreadable Cream Cheese
- Heat half the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken strips well, remove. Add remaining oil, the leek and garlic and saute 2-3 minutes, stir in the rice and mix until translucent in appearance.
- Pour in the white wine and stir until liquid is absorbed. Gradually pour in the boiling stock, in small quantities; make sure that the rice grains are absorbing the liquid.
- Cook the rice over a medium heat until almost tender, add the mushrooms, spinach, lemon rind and chicken, and cook until tender. Stir through the Philly* until well combined. Serve immediately.