Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cooking Time:3 hours 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (optional)
- 3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 500g block PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 80g butter, melted
- COMBINE biscuit crumbs and butter and press into the base of a 20cm/8" springform pan; chill.
- BEAT PHILLY and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in gelatine mixture until just combined. Add cream, lemon juice and rind and continue beating until smooth.
- POUR mixture into prepared base and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
For the perfect chilled cheesecake, mix the gelatine with the boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes before adding it to the PHILLY mix. Never add hot gelatine to a cold mixture as it sets into stringy lumps.