‹ Back to results
Lamb Kebabs with Cucumber Salad
Prep Time:1 minute
Cooking Time:1 minute
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 continental cucumber, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup roughly chopped mint
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g PHILADELPHIA Light Spreadable Garlic & Herb
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 4 large pita bread, halved
- 400g lean minced lamb
- Combine the mince, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into eight portions. Form a portion of the lamb mixture into a 12cm long sausage shape firmly along the length of a bamboo skewer. Repeat with remaining lamb mixture to make 8 skewers.
- Melt the butter in a large frypan over medium heat and sauté the chilli, garlic and spring onions for 2-3 minutes. Add the prawns and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. Stir in the Philly, stock and parsley and simmer gently until the sauce is well combine and slightly thickened.
- Pre heat a char grill plate and cook the lamb skewers over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Spread the centre of the bread with PHILLY, top with a lamb skewer and a spoonful of the salad. Roll to enclose the filling and gently remove the skewer. Serve immediately.