‹ Back to results
Vegetable and Sourdough Strata
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:1 hour
- 30g butter
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- ¼ cup roughly chopped basil
- ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 slices sourdough bread, each cut into 9 squares
- 125g PHILADELPHIA Block Cream Cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup grated tasty cheese
- MELT the butter in a large frypan and sauté the capsicum and onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, stir through herbs and season.
- ARRANGE half the bread in the base of a greased 2 litre baking dish. Top with vegetable mixture and the PHILLY. Cover with remaining bread.
- BEAT together the eggs, milk and mustard, then pour over bread. Top with cheese and bake in a moderate oven 180 deg C for 50 minutes or until set. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.